Can't listen to MP3 voicemail messages

bprice48

Reaction score
My office phone system sends an email with an MP3 file attached whenever I get a voicemail. I use the email app to get my work email (pop3). The MP3 file is attached but I can not listen to it from the app. I thought I would forward the message to gmail to see if I can listen to it there, but the attachment is dropped when I forward the message. Any ideas how I can (1) listen to the mp3 message in the email app, or (2) forward the message to gmail to listen to it? Many thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no reason why you can't listen to an mp3 file on your Droid. What message is it giving you?

I'm not understanding what you mean by forwarding your messages. All you need to do is long on to your gmail account o. Line and the mp3 file will be there. You should be able to open it with your computer as well.

OP
B

bprice48

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. On the MP3 attachement the option is to 'open'. When I press open it first says 'fetching attachment' and then says 'this file can not be displayed'. Someone in my office has the message sent to his gmail and the option is to "preview' as opposed to 'open.... he is able to listen to it in gmail... that is why I was trying to forward the file to my gmail account.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not have gmail fetch email from the POP account?

I'm not understanding what you mean by forwarding your messages.
He's using Email (not the Gmail app) to retrieve email from the POP account.