Texting

paul7602

Reaction score
Some of my texts will look like to who i sent it to ! A?b?o?u?t? T?o? G?o? T?o? S?t?o?r?e? ???? Any ideas ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
heh heh...and people wonder why I don't use custom ROMs.

OP
paul7602

paul7602

Reaction score
Im running ds 4.2 and have tried the rest !! Imo if thats all i can find wrong with ill live!! Thanks for this custom rom its great !!!! If your not running a custom rom you just have an average droid! WELL I DONT THINK I HAVE TRIED THE SHADOW ROM ?? WHERE CAN I FIND IT ?

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some of my texts will look like to who i sent it to ! A?b?o?u?t? T?o? G?o? T?o? S?t?o?r?e? ???? Any ideas ?

So it uses a (?) in between each letter? Weird! I have honestly never seen this issue, with this ROM or any

other. Are you using your default messenger? And are you using swype or droid keyboard?

EDIT: This is a part of a sentence from my buddy NattyBee, he uses the app called Handcent

and every time he types the word "don't" it comes out like this>>> "Btw, I "don & rsquo ; t" have a picture of it, sorry..."

So I have indeed seen something like this before. He lives with it, but yours is a little different.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im running ds 4.2 and have tried the rest !! Imo if thats all i can find wrong with ill live!! Thanks for this custom rom its great !!!! If your not running a custom rom you just have an average droid! WELL I DONT THINK I HAVE TRIED THE SHADOW ROM ?? WHERE CAN I FIND IT ?

Shadow ROM is for the original Droid :)

And I would try a clean install of DarkSlide.

Last edited:

oakvad

Reaction score
That's ok I can't even text anymore I can't receive or send.first it started with not bein able to receive pics then send now I just can't text.
Working on fixing it now, and I've tried every sms app on the market
Any suggestions

Oh ya, im using blurless 4.2

oakvad

Reaction score
Just restored an old backup and everything works fine now. I came to the conclusion it was an app that I added
Maybe you should try uninstalling any new apps you've resently added