Is there a way to format text messages?

Shade2074

Reaction score
On my previous LG phones, I was able to format my text messages with things like Text color, Bold, Italics, Underline, font Size, and a few other such options. I can't seem to find a way of doing this with either the default messenger or Handcent. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this on the droid, or is there another app that will allow me to do this?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with handcent you can change font size and color but havent found where you can make it bold or underline it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can also install handcent font packages, havent tried it so I do not know if the packages contain the ability to underline, bold or, italics.

OP
S

Shade2074

Reaction score
with handcent you can change font size and color but havent found where you can make it bold or underline it
I generally use Handcent for my default texts - How do you change font size and color? I can't even find that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
udser settings it will say additional font package (6 down from top) click on that and it will prompt you to download font package from the market.

OP
S

Shade2074

Reaction score
Oh ok, I see what you're talking about now but those are only for display on your end. When you send the text out the person who recieves it doesn't see it like that. I'm looking for a way to format the text on my end, and send it so the person who receives the texts also sees the formatting I've included.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah it is just display on your end, I am still looking through the market to see if they offer something else, but right now i am not sure yet.