Texting: Tap in Body of new msg not recognized

furpaw

Reaction score
In my new Droid-X, I'm having problems entering a text message. I didn't see this problem a couple of days ago, but it appeared today.

When I click on the Text icon (the app delivered with droidx), I can enter a destination phone number or contact name. But when I tap on the body of the text message, nothing happens. The cursor does not enter the field, and any text I type goes either in the destination or signature field. It's like the body field is dead.

I've tried rebooting, rebooting after removing/replacing battery, and changing the default keyboard ( multitouch, Swype, or SwiftKey), but none of these works. I'm not having a problem entering text in any field in other apps (e.g., Gmail, Power Note).

Can anyone help?

System Version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.2.1
Build Number VZW
No system updates needed (according to when I click on System Updates)

Thanks!

bsc504

Reaction score
Your problem is that you are not using Handcent SMS from the market. It is much better and it should fix your problems too.

OP
F

furpaw

Reaction score
Thanks, bcs504 - I did find Handcent SMS and installed it, and it's working just fine.

I'm still puzzled that the texting app that came with the Droid-x stopped working properly. I'm seeing a similar problem in the Power Note app, where I can enter a title for a note but now I can't type anything in the body, so it looks like a deeper problem ???