texting not working after ics update

arutherford

Reaction score
Just updated to ics and I can't open my texting app. I had handcent and uninstalled and then reinstalled it, but it won't open. Same goes for the text messenger that came on the phone, it just shows the progress icon showing its loading. I searched the forum and found someone else was having the same issue and followed the steps provided to fix the problem, didn't work for my phone. Any suggestions? Thanks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try going into manage apps, scroll down to the app, clear data and force close it. Then reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, a fdr will be your next plan of action.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
A

arutherford

Reaction score
First plan of action was unsuccessful. What is a fdr? Guess I will be searching for that on here as well... Thanks.

Blossom151

Reaction score
I am also having problems being able to send/recieve with my daughters RazR. My Razr Maxx just takes about a minute before it goes thru. But with my daughter's razr after the ICS update, we could not get the texting to work, Go SMS or the stock texting. I made sure the date was on, clear cache, reboot, etc.... finally went ahead and done a FDR, and I still having the same deal. Could it be that the update didn't install correctly? I didn't pay much attention to it as it was updating... I was on the road after it started...
Should I just try updating it thru the computer? or will that just make things worse?
So far the only thing with my MaxX was there was no sound for music/alarms, but it would ring...I was able to fix that on my own..couldn't tell you exactly how, but I did it. So so far no more problems with MaxX, it just the texting thing with my daughters RazR...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Blossom...

By text, are you referring to text or a pic? If its text.. try a little experiment, send a text from your phone to hers, and then send a text from her to you... if there's a noticeable delay, that means you have a bad tower connection.. a reboot will solve it for a little while..

If this is the case.. go into system settings, more, mobile networks, network type and strength.. post a screen shot if possible..

But it sounds like a bad tower connection.. do you have strong service where you're at??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!