texting audio files

WesleyHall08

Reaction score
i just received two mp3 files in a text message from a friend and downloaded them to my phone. But when i go to try to do the same and text them to another friend i only get the option for an recorded audio file. Is there someway to send these files in a text? Some advice would be great i am a new user to the droid.

supahrob

Reaction score
as far as I know, this can't be done - at least not with the Droid's native txt messaging app. I seem to recall that Handcent can do it - but I tried and hated handcent, so I wouldn't know.

I think it's silly that the Droid can't do this - even my Moto Q9M could do THIS!

All in all, I love my droid - but there are some pretty basic things that Droid doesn't - and this is one of em!

Take care,
Rob

techRob

Reaction score
Yes, Handcent does do it. It's actually a really sweet application - if customized to your liking.

I thought the default settings for it were pretty cool, but the novelty of 'em wore off FAST. But I was able to tweak practically every detail of how the application worked, and now I LOVE it! I will always recommend this application - so long as you don't mind putting in the time to get to know the ins and outs and customizing it to your liking ;) It's not very difficult, and it's rather a good time killer when you're bored and just want to tinker a bit :) Oh yea! It's a free app too :D

x25064

Reaction score
hi;

i have to say this can't be done with driod thanks for asking it here

cheers!!

Rueckfahrkamera
Odd..I must have been dreaming when i sent those notification / ringtones to my girlfriend then.
:icon_ banana:

No you CAN do it with your ringtones and notifications, which means you can probably do it with any reasonably sized mp3 clip, since the droid reads all mp3s on your card as notifications. BUT only the mp3's. No 3gp recorded sounds or anything.

For example I am running bb v1.1 and I've got the neat nexus one sound recorder but I can't send any of the files I record via text message because they record as 3gp. For whatever reason the droid does not read these as recordable. Even using droidrecord the only option given is emailing them.

cheree553

Reaction score
Yes, Handcent does do it. It's actually a really sweet application - if customized to your liking.

I thought the default settings for it were pretty cool, but the novelty of 'em wore off FAST. But I was able to tweak practically every detail of how the application worked, and now I LOVE it! I will always recommend this application - so long as you don't mind putting in the time to get to know the ins and outs and customizing it to your liking ;) It's not very difficult, and it's rather a good time killer when you're bored and just want to tinker a bit :) Oh yea! It's a free app too :D

I use handcent and am pretty happy with it....HOWEVER....when I try to attach an mp3 file to a text - it give me either "sorry you may not attach this to your message" or "message size limit reached' - H..E..L..P - I am going crazy with this - there has GOT to be a way