text wont delete

nem87

Reaction score
I still use the standard texting on my DROID RAZR and when I go to delete a whole conversation it just moves it down to the bottom of the list and the date on all of them says December 31st 1969 7:00 pm but doesn't actually delete it... so I have approximately 100 separate conversations on my phone and I need to get rid of them what do I do?

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
I still use the standard texting on my DROID RAZR and when I go to delete a whole conversation it just moves it down to the bottom of the list and the date on all of them says December 31st 1969 7:00 pm but doesn't actually delete it... so I have approximately 100 separate conversations on my phone and I need to get rid of them what do I do?
Back out of the individual text so that you can see all of the people you have texted. Press and hold on that person, a trash can icon should pop up at the top, press and confirm that you want to delete all the text to that person.

OP
N

nem87

Reaction score
Back out of the individual text so that you can see all of the people you have texted. Press and hold on that person, a trash can icon should pop up at the top, press and confirm that you want to delete all the text to that person.

When I do that it does delete all of the text from a specific person yet the conversation is still there so I still have aver 150 empty conversations.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Try going into settings- apps- all finding text messaging force stop and wiping data.... this *should delete them all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
N

nem87

Reaction score
Try going into settings- apps- all finding text messaging force stop and wiping data.... this *should delete them all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It worked! Thank u so much for the help!