Text Messaging

bh8690

Reaction score
Any idea why the message status of text message remains as "pending" when sending to non-Verizon?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I never had any troubles sending a text message to non-vzw. They got my messages and I got theirs.

Maybe you just lost signal momentarily and wasn't able to send the message?

OP
B

bh8690

Reaction score
message goes, but message status reads "pending" and never changes to received or failed

husker_droid11

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a way to lock just my text messages? I haven't found it. Also are there any applications that allow this. I know i can lock my whole phone but when people wanna check it out and play with it i dont mind but i do not want them in my text messages.

Seems as this was a feature on older phones and they forgot to bring it into the new phones

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Mm.... some people were looking for a way to password protect certain apps, you may want to do a search along those lines as I think they had mentioned a few apps that might be useful. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Handcent and ChompSMS have what is called a blacklist feature. It won't lock down your entire message application but you can set your messages to Blacklist and when you want to hand over your phone you can select "Hide Blacklist" which will hide all messages that have been added to the Blacklist. You can also set up a password so that if you want to show those Blacklist messages you have to input a password to show them.

You don't have to Blacklist all threads, you can pick and choose which contacts/threads you want to Blacklist(hide). I didn't check to see if you can Blacklist one message in a thread or not, but you could always try that out if this is an option you would like to take.

As for blocking the entire app, I am unsure if that's actually possible. Did you check the market for an app like that?

BTW, Handcent and ChompSMS are free apps.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Handcent and ChompSMS have what is called a blacklist feature. It won't lock down your entire message application but you can set your messages to Blacklist and when you want to hand over your phone you can select "Hide Blacklist" which will hide all messages that have been added to the Blacklist. You can also set up a password so that if you want to show those Blacklist messages you have to input a password to show them.

You don't have to Blacklist all threads, you can pick and choose which contacts/threads you want to Blacklist(hide). I didn't check to see if you can Blacklist one message in a thread or not, but you could always try that out if this is an option you would like to take.

As for blocking the entire app, I am unsure if that's actually possible. Did you check the market for an app like that?

I think he was talking about locking the application so noone else can look at them when they have his phone. If that's the case, then i don't know of a single app that can lock certain apps.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I think he was talking about locking the application so noone else can look at them when they have his phone. If that's the case, then i don't know of a single app that can lock certain apps.

Yes, but this is the only alternative I could come up with to keep people from seeing messages, which I just assumed was the case.

If he wants to block sending messages while someone has his phone, that I am really not sure about.

husker_droid11

Reaction score
Ya just wanting them to be locked out of my messaging..i added the handcent so i will try the blacklist idea. Thanks

showell81

Reaction score
"pending" text messages

I have the same issue here. It's not just non-VZW though.
Every text message I send had the envelope with the green i in a circle there.
When I go to "view report" for any of those messages, it says Status: Pending.

pbickel

Reaction score
Sometimes I go to reply to a text when I type the words don't show up in the message and I have to go to home has anyone else had this problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lilnbrown88

Reaction score
Same here restart or close and re open the text...for some reason my camera app force closes and even with a different app still can't get it to work

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

showstopping

Reaction score
Restart.
Is there an app that can just restart the one app? (like text messaging)

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I was going to say go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and force stop "Messaging" under the All tab, but that isn't going to work.

I use GoSMS as a replacement for the stock texting app and have never had this issue you speak of. Maybe try using that or Handcent or some other SMS replacement?