text messaging

chrisd56

Reaction score
Hello all..........What is the easiest way to text from this phone. when i go to the screen where it says To_________ do i always have to type the whole name? sometimes my contacts appear and sometime they don't

Is there any way to text by picking a name from your contacts and texting from there? thanks for any help

taypotts

Reaction score
On the contacts page click on your contacts picture or the gray box next to their name if they don't have a picture. Then click the green messaging bubble.

ryanm

Reaction score
Yeah you can do either- from contacts long hold the person and then chose text contact. i like the message link

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys i like the long hold, seems like its quicker

smokin5s

Reaction score
I've noticed the same issue with the persons name not always coming into the to field, but others do... anyone know why that would be? I really don't want to have to scan through my contacts list to txt someone.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I think initially you'll have to hunt down their contact info, or search for it. Then after you text them once they will stay in your SMS list and since this has threaded messaging its easy to just leave people you normally text on a daily basis in the message list and just return to that conversation to send another.

smokin5s

Reaction score
that's what I've been doing, but the weird part is, SOME contact's automatically show up... it seems like the contacts that I have that aren't connected to facebook will automatically come up when I try to use messaging...

FoompTheDroid

Reaction score
Same here. I would've thought the blank grey box in compose new message would be your contacts via list veiw.

Droider

Reaction score
I like the Handcent SMS app to replace the built in messaging app. It has a lot more options, is highly customizable, and looks nice. It does have a "+" next to the to field that you can use to select from a list. It will also bring up your contact "groups" that you can setup by accessing Gmail through a PC browser.

smokin5s

Reaction score
I tried handcent but I hated th bubbles. I turned the bubbles off and still just didn't like it much... maybe I'm too picky but I want txt options like my old Voyager when it comes to txt messaging... everything else on the phone is top notch and I love that it keeps the entire convorsation right there.

Droider

Reaction score
You can customize it so that the "conversation style" is "Android" rather than the iPhone or Handcent style bubbles and you can change the "Application theme" to black and you can change the "sms received color" and "sms sent color" and wind up with something that looks a lot like the default Android messaging app.

I

iesous2

Hello all..........What is the easiest way to text from this phone. when i go to the screen where it says To_________ do i always have to type the whole name? sometimes my contacts appear and sometime they don't

Is there any way to text by picking a name from your contacts and texting from there? thanks for any help
The quick select when typing # or name in the text message only appears for # that are stored in the mobil field. So if you save the contact in home or work it will not pop up when you begin to type in the # in texting. Hope this makes sense. I found out by switching a few # from work to mobil in contact list.

oma1340

Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem sending a text to a certain contact, but it ends up going to a totally different person in your contact list?? That has happened to be twice today! Ugh! Luckily it wan't anything offensive or hurtful, etc. I am just afraid it is some bug in the program! Any thoughts on this? Thanks!