Text messaging

Mills22

Reaction score
Is there a way to have two phone numbers associated with one contact, but when texting both numbers, they show up as one thread?

maderschramm

Reaction score
I'm confused about your question. You can have two numbers, and when you select a contact to text for example, if you check both numbers it's one contact name with a (2) next to it which, of course, signifies the numbers checked to text the contact with.

xliderider

Reaction score
I believe Handcent will do what you want. When I text two different people the same message, it keeps it on one thread. Should be no different if two numbers but same person.

OP
M

Mills22

Reaction score
Yeah, two numbers but under the same person is what I was wondering about...

maderschramm

Reaction score
seems to work, if you use the default texting app on the dx if you text the same contact on 2 numbers it makes one thread on my phone

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see the need . I have 2 mobile phones and no time to tell all my friends/family which one to text at any given time because I'm using one or the other. It's easier for them to text both. On my Omnia I had a text forwarding app so if I was using my other line I just forwarded everything to it. Dumbphones don't have that ability though.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.