Text messaging on verizon's global network?

Thorn1414

Reaction score
I was on vacation in Dominican Republic and i sent out and received quite a bit of text messages, i texted chacha and they said that international texting is free while roaming on verizon's global network. My question is will i be charged? If so, how much?

Reaction score
My guess is you're going to pay at least $.20 per text message. Why would you ask cha cha? CALL VERIZON. Chacha doesn't know the details of your plan... Verizon does.

OP
T

Thorn1414

Reaction score
My guess is you're going to pay at least $.20 per text message. Why would you ask cha cha? CALL VERIZON. Chacha doesn't know the details of your plan... Verizon does.

what if my phone has unlimited talk & text and i only texted USA cell phone numbers?

Reaction score

what if my phone has unlimited talk & text and i only texted USA cell phone numbers?

You don't really know how cell phone plans work, do you?

Most relevant link I could find. If you have unlimited NATIONwide, you are going to pay out the ass for all of those texts, because you are paying for coverage on the NATIONAL network. If you have unlimited international coverage (doubtful), you will not be charged extra.

Edit: Again, why are you asking strangers on the internet. The only person with a definitive answer (and final control over your bill) is VERIZON. CALL VERIZON.

Edit the second: Verizon's page on texting while outside the US

Fifty cents for every text you sent and five for every text you received. I hope for your sake that "a good number" of texts doesn't mean 200 or 300 a day, like I sometimes do.

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score

You don't really know how cell phone plans work, do you?

Most relevant link I could find. If you have unlimited NATIONwide, you are going to pay out the ass for all of those texts, because you are paying for coverage on the NATIONAL network. If you have unlimited international coverage (doubtful), you will not be charged extra.

Edit: Again, why are you asking strangers on the internet. The only person with a definitive answer (and final control over your bill) is VERIZON. CALL VERIZON.

Edit the second: Verizon's page on texting while outside the US

Fifty cents for every text you sent and five for every text you received. I hope for your sake that "a good number" of texts doesn't mean 200 or 300 a day, like I sometimes do.

Yes, Verizon are the people to call, but the rates given by NGFL are (mostly) correct. As the link says, it is actually 50 cents per address, so if you send a text to multiple people, it is 50c per message per person.

Also, even with the unlimited global data plan (now discontinued for individuals that weren't already on it), calls and texts were not covered (just data) so the same 50c per address applies.