Text Messaging Bug

cmiles8

Reaction score
I have a bug where an old message keeps showing up in my notification bar as a new message. I deleted it long ago and yet, every time I delete things from my inbox or sometimes when i receive new messages, this same identical message also shows up in my notification dropdown again.

When i click it, it brings up an endless loading screen - probably cuz the text it references no longer exists.

I have tried rebooting but that doesn't help.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried a battery pull??? Also are you still using the stock messaging app?? You may want to try to use a replacement app like Chomp or Handcent. Just if you do go to a replacement app be sure to uncheck notifications in the settings of the stock app. Otherwise you will get double notifications of a message coming in.

Shamen74

Reaction score
Same issue here HTC incredible

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Shamen74

Reaction score
How do we do that ? Full phone reset?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Shamen74

Reaction score
Figured this out. To remove the phantom text message you don't need to do anything crazy like the users here are suggesting .

you will need to add a messaging widget. so menu, add, widget,messaging, then in the list of messages shown in the widget you will find the phantom text message. for deletion. I could not find a solution anywhere on the web so if you need more info let me know and I'll document it more clearly. this 1 was an odd not to crack