Text messages

unit20

Reaction score
It will show the video with no audio then it plays the audio either no video

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Redjak

Reaction score
Save MMS?

Try getting the app "Save MMS" from the Market. It lets you save media from a text. That way you can save whatever media isn't playing and try playing it in the Droid's video player. Let me know if it worked :)

Mrsphule

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the original Droid to the Droid X. The one problem I have so far is with text messaging. Is there a way to have an auto-correct feature on texts? Not having this is really annoying me!

nubcat01

Reaction score
Ok, I have this issue that's annoying me on my droid 2 R2D2. It is sending out texts on its own. It just sent out "I'll text you in a bit" to 3 different people just now while I was in the shower. I did say "I'll text you in a bit" in a text about 4 days ago to one person, now its sending them out randomly. Anybody else have this issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

J

JriderG

Maybe try to clear cache or factory reset. Don't really know though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, I have this issue that's annoying me on my droid 2 R2D2. It is sending out texts on its own. It just sent out "I'll text you in a bit" to 3 different people just now while I was in the shower. I did say "I'll text you in a bit" in a text about 4 days ago to one person, now its sending them out randomly. Anybody else have this issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Did it occur while charging? If so, there is a known issue with non-Motorola chargers/cords.

If that was not the case I agree with the already suggested cure of a Factory Data Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

NOTE: I have since learned that not everyone has been as lucky as I with the automatic re-installs. So good luck if you end up having to go that route.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
BayoFlyFisher, I just copied, pasted and saved your post up there. I have always been afraid to do a Factory Reset, but with those instructions, I believe I would try it now, should I need to. I would imagine they work as well for my Droid Charge too. I keep the D2 around to tinker with, and if the tinkering works on it, then I tinker on the Charge.

amy335

Reaction score
OMG. I just realized I can no longer "select multiple" when deleting messages, it's all or nothing?! Really???

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using the stock messaging app? If so, you can try a 3rd Party texting app like Handcent or Chomp ... I use Handcent. It's awesome :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can select multiple recipients on the stock app.. all you do is type their name in the top area.... try rebooting your phone..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You can select multiple recipients on the stock app.. all you do is type their name in the top area.... try rebooting your phone..

But her post was about DELETING messages ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Shhh.. jackie :D lol... you can long press on a message, it will turn blue, then tap the other messages you would like to delete and touch the trashcan in the upper right hand corner of the screen.