Text Messages Won't Delete

medinarv

Reaction score
Hi all, just got a new Bionic and had done a back up and restore on it, so I got all my text messages back. When I delete a thread, the contact goes to the bottom of my list and shows a date of Dec 31, 1969. If I open the text message, it's blank. I've tried force deleting, but same thing. I've also tried deleting the messages one at a time, and when I've finished deleting, again the contact moves to the bottom of my list of messages with the date Dec 31, 1969, with a blank message. I've tried clearing data under my Apps Management, but that does absolutely nothing. It won't clear my text messages or anything else for that matter! I'm hoping someone can help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
1. What system is the phone? 886, 893, 901 or 902?
2. How did you backup and restore to get all apps and texts back?
3. Did you wipe cache and data from recovery?
4. Are you rooted?
5. Have you tried reprogramming your phone, dialing *228?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

medinarv

Reaction score
I finally called Verizon and we had to do a hard reset on the phone, however that froze in the middle of the hard reset so he had to walk me through to reset the phone again. It works great now. :) Can't wait to see what features this phone has!

jeep4x4_2000

Reaction score
Well after racking my brain and trying just about everything just short of fresh install. I was able to delete my messages. I wiped cache and they were still there. I then downloaded an app called delete old messeges and tried that. At first look the messages were still there but after exiting messages and returning they were gone. I then tried to delete new text message to see if same problem would reoccur but it did not. Not sure if this helps anyone but download DELETE OLD MESSAGES app and give it a try.

iznukin

Reaction score
Hi all, just got a new Bionic and had done a back up and restore on it, so I got all my text messages back. When I delete a thread, the contact goes to the bottom of my list and shows a date of Dec 31, 1969. If I open the text message, it's blank. I've tried force deleting, but same thing. I've also tried deleting the messages one at a time, and when I've finished deleting, again the contact moves to the bottom of my list of messages with the date Dec 31, 1969, with a blank message. I've tried clearing data under my Apps Management, but that does absolutely nothing. It won't clear my text messages or anything else for that matter! I'm hoping someone can help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

I was able to find a fix for my DRIOD RAZR MAXX this morning. I downloaded HISTORY ERASER from the app store and then wiped all of my text and it erased all of the 1969 messages. I have tried several test conversations since and all of those have deleted just fine. It seems like it was a very wierd glitch in the system. Hope this helps everyone fix the issue!

Thanks!

deej36

Reaction score
Down load an app called history eraser....just check the text options....and it worked...