Text messages notifications - will not vibrate

bruski

Reaction score
In the last day or so, my Droid X has stopped vibrating when I receive a text message. It doesn't matter whether or not the phone is in Silent Mode or whether or not it is set to vibrate in the main sound menu.

I have double-checked my text message settings, and the notifications are set to vibrate.

I'm using the default texting program. I've found a few 3rd party apps that partially solve my problem, but I hate to have to rely on them for something that I know the phone should do. Does anyone have any thoughts? I really appreciate it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Bruski. Have you tried pulling your battery or doing a factory reset? If that doesn't work I'd take it to Verizon and duplicate the problem. They'd have to replace it for you. Good luck :D

rakasome

Reaction score
Vibrate: All Gone!

The other day ALL vibrate functions ceased to vibrate. Phone, notifications, and keyboard on the Eris.

Anyone?

Off to the freakin' Verizon Store I guess!! Dang!

And it was working SO WELL!!!

elm19087

Reaction score
Reposting a solution from another forum. This worked for me:

"Well, here is another way to fix the issue. Download the app "Sound Manager" from the Market. Open Sound Manager, press the menu button and select "vibration settings". Change the notification vibration settings to vibrate whenever possible. This option was set to never for me for some reason, I also don't know where this option is without going through this app."

Posted by user YadGadge on https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/18959

schatzy62

Reaction score
Reposting a solution from another forum. This worked for me:

"Well, here is another way to fix the issue. Download the app "Sound Manager" from the Market. Open Sound Manager, press the menu button and select "vibration settings". Change the notification vibration settings to vibrate whenever possible. This option was set to never for me for some reason, I also don't know where this option is without going through this app."

Posted by user YadGadge on https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/18959

With out that app go to Settings> Sound> General Section> Vibrate>
1. Always
2. Never
3. Only in silent mode
4. Only when not in silent mode

On Last OTA update it got set to Never.

OP
B

bruski

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. It kept periodically working and not working, but it seems to have finally sorted itself out. Very strange.

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
We have the same topic. My txt message is tell me national coverage error. I called VZ and I was told that every features in my phone was fine. Any idea what that may be. Thank you for the help.

Sent from my DROIDX

music4life

Reaction score
solution to text vibrate function restoration

My solution if your still having trouble with a malfunctioning text vibrate is.
1. download Handcent sms
2. turn on every vibrate function on your phone possible.
3. leave your stock texting app notifications on.
4. give it a few tests text yourself. both notification icons should vibrate. (Hancent and stock txt app)
5. if so...use it this way for a while...
6. turn off your phone for 15 seconds . and turn it back on.
7. After restarting your phone, send yourself another test text message.
7.if both notification icons vibrate again. uninstall Handcent.
8. your stock texting vibrate function should be restored.

It has worked for me on my DROID 2. I hope it works for others! I was almost close to buying a different phone. reason it worked is because hancent has a function to override your phones vibrate permissions. hope it works for others! give it a shot!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My solution if your still having trouble with a malfunctioning text vibrate is.
1. download Handcent sms
2. turn on every vibrate function on your phone possible.
3. leave your stock texting app notifications on.
4. give it a few tests text yourself. both notification icons should vibrate. (Hancent and stock txt app)
5. if so...use it this way for a while...
6. turn off your phone for 15 seconds . and turn it back on.
7. After restarting your phone, send yourself another test text message.
7.if both notification icons vibrate again. uninstall Handcent.
8. your stock texting vibrate function should be restored.

It has worked for me on my DROID 2. I hope it works for others! I was almost close to buying a different phone. reason it worked is because hancent has a function to override your phones vibrate permissions. hope it works for others! give it a shot!

This is an interesting work around... never thought of this. Also, this thread is 1&1/2 years old ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!