Text Message Reminder on Droid 2?

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a setting, or an App, which can be used to remind you that you have an unread text message?

I sometimes work in a noisy environment, and don't always hear/feel when a text message is delivered. It would be nice if there was a way to set up so you are reminded every 15 minutes or so that you have an unread text message.

Thanks.....

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Just a quick update.... I am trying the "Easy Reminder" app, and so far really like it for reminding me when I have an unread text message. It also alerts me when I missed a call, but what I would really like is an App which reminds of unread text messages AND unlistened to voice mails.

Any suggestions?

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Unread Text Message Reminder

Does anyone know if there is a setting, or an App, which can be used to remind you that you have an unread text message?

I sometimes work in a noisy environment, and don't always hear/feel when a text message is delivered. It would be nice if there was a way to set up so you are reminded every 15 minutes or so that you have an unread text message.

Thanks.....

For those who might run across this thread, and are looking for a good app which both reminds you of your unread text messages, and allows for more customization than the default app, then I would recommend the Handcent app. Do read the FAQs on their website since it is a more sophisticated program.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Handcent SMS. Its on the market. It has LOADS of customization, including reminders, the amount of reminders, time interval of reminders, etc.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Lots of people love and swear by Handcent. I'm currently using a free app called SMS Notify. It's perfect, except that there's about a half-second delay between when the screen lights up and when the vibrate/text sound plays. Not really annoying, but just a quirk. It sometimes makes me think I can see a half second into the future 0_0

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Handcent - Text Reminder

Lots of people love and swear by Handcent. I'm currently using a free app called SMS Notify. It's perfect, except that there's about a half-second delay between when the screen lights up and when the vibrate/text sound plays. Not really annoying, but just a quirk.

It sometimes makes me think I can see a half second into the future 0_0

Wow! an App that can see the future... Now there is an interesting idea! :icon_eek:

I've been using Handcent, and really like it so far. As others have noted, a very flexible tool.