Text Message Question - Contacts

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Is there a way to bring up a list of contacts when trying to send a text message and select who you want to send to. I see it will bring up the contact but can you select from a list?

ckidwell

Reaction score
I am looking for an answer to the same question! I wanted to send a text to my entire list to let everyone know my new number.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a way to bring up a list of contacts when trying to send a text message and select who you want to send to. I see it will bring up the contact but can you select from a list?

You can get into your contacts first and send a message that way, if your trying to send to multiple, haven't gotten that far yet.

kamachic

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the chompSMS app for texting, but I noticed that not all of my contacts stored in my droid appear when composing a message...how do I change this? I have to remember the number and type it in for some contacts, frustrating.

Sleeve

Reaction score
might want to try Handcent if chomp isn't doing it for you. I've never used chomp and have nothing against it, but I have used Handcent and I know it (1) shows all your contacts that have mobile numbers and (2) allows you to check off contacts from a simple list to send one message to many. For repetitive group texting, if you create a group on Gmail (I've only done this on the PC web version) you can text to that group by just adding that one recipient.

Reaction score
So it seems the key is to ensure that your contact is set up with a mobile number as the messaging application will not pull up any regular numbers when you type in a name.

I did download handcent, but I was troubleshooting my wife's phone and she had all the mobile numbers in her contacts set as home numbers. Am I safe in that assumption?