Text Message Problem...

callmealejandro

Reaction score
OK, so I just got my Droid 2 today...

whenever I receive a new text message, all the phone does is vibrate. so when i feel the vibration i turn the screen on and unlock the phone, but it doesn't tell me i have a new text message. (my old phone used to give the option to open the text.)

is there anyway that the screen can come on and notify me i have a new text (such as a screen saying "new text from alex" and from there i click view text )?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I do not remember if the stock text app does but Handcent will notify you with a sound, in the notification bar, and pop up a Window when the phone is sleeping.

Check the stock app first --- open the app, tap menu, tap settings, look for notifications.

Handcent is a free app in the market. The above will work for the settings.

Hope this helps.

Mike

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Unless they changed something with the Blur interface with the D2, by default the screen is going to stay off. You will hear/feel your notification and the LED light should flash (all of this is depending on your settings for notification), but no screen on or popup.

Handcent, ChompSMS, SMSPopup, and probably some others can do this sort of things. All should be free in the market.

E2A: Too slow, got beated haha.

OP
C

callmealejandro

Reaction score
oh.. and another quick question.. is there any spell check on this phone using the qwerty keyboard? For instance it would be really nice if you could spell check an email you were going to send

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
oh.. and another quick question.. is there any spell check on this phone using the qwerty keyboard? For instance it would be really nice if you could spell check an email you were going to send
If it's anything like the Droid, it's on a per-word-as-you-type basis.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use K9 and the corporate email app for Exchange. When I am typing both provide me with matches to words and if I tap it adds the word. Don't forget you can use voice to add text in your text and email apps. There is a limit on the number of words it will add at time but it is very accurate.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Quick edit to my reply -- I have to enable it in the settings (not sure what it'd be under the X so I'm not going to guess), and I remember it working once after I did so.

J

Jett Deion

What I would do is go to the Motorola website (or google it) and see if you can find a user manual for your perticular phone. I have an i860, and though I have the same problem in RECIEVING messages (or rather, how I don't recieve them) but I don't have issues with the info not showing up. Some nextel phones are pretty crappy and may not have the capability, though it would be really stupid..... see if the manual can help you out.