"Text Message Not Sent" Notification keeps coming up

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
It worked.......THANKS!!!....... wondering if I should leave on this app or not/?

Lalaorange0505

Reaction score
Text Not Sent Notification-MEANING?!

Alright to preface this I am not an idiot, I know the message icon with the X means my text did not send.

The question I'm having is concerning the LOCATION I see this popping up.

When I have no signal, it seems I get a notification at the top of my screen (I use a droid 2 global) saying "message not sent" and then that icon appears right next to that particular text WITHIN the conversation. I know that means that that message did not send.

Then, sometimes I will see it NEXT to the conversation in general (right underneath the text message folder). Does that mean my LAST message in particular did not send? When I open up the conversation, I see no icon next to that text, it's just parked right next to the conversation (under Text Messages). Is that referring to maybe a previous text in the conversation that did not send, and not the most recent one? Why is it just next to the conversation in general. THAT DOES NOTHING FOR ME.

This phone is 100% frustrating.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
FWIW, last night I sent a text (D2, Handcent) to my daughter (iPhone, VZW) who was on the phone at the time with my BH. Daughter commented that she received the text, but my phone indicated the text did not go out. Had the busy circle in front of the text for a minute or so, then a failure notice and a red X next to the text, and was able to delete that text. Sometimes a "failed to send" notice is false.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Thanks

Handcent worked for me. Maybe we should send this to Verizons so than stop that factory reset that does not work!! :icon_ banana:

From user "magjis" at Droid X Forum
I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.

Solution:
1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
2. Launch Handcent SMS
3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!

Last edited by a moderator:

ekilcoin

Reaction score
"text message not sent" Please Help

About 5 months ago I had this same problem of a "text message not sent" notification. But when I select it, it read "message not available." I came onto this site and found a solution, downloading Handcent SMS and following steps to get rid of it. Which I did and it worked. Since then I got rid of Handcent, for no reason. And had no problems, but today... bam! There that lovely notification was again. I've downloaded Handcent again ... but forgot the steps!

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and how to get rid of it? I've been searching the forums. but have seen nothing.

ekilcoin

Reaction score
Aha!

Never mind! I found the solution, and incase anyone is wondering what it is...

1. Download Handcent SMS
2. Menu- more
3. Undelivered messages
4. Delete it!

Wooohooo.. I'm happy :)

Avintril

Reaction score
I Deleted My Threads Already

Hello all. I have been having this exact problem with my Droid 2 Global. I too started experiencing this issue after sending a return receipt as you did. Hoping to cure the problem I deleted all my threads. Then took the battery out, and put it pack in, then restarted my phone. When this didn't help I turned here.

I installed Handset and opened the "Undelivered" sub-menu and there were no messages listed. This didn't surprise me really... as I had already deleted all of my threads before trying this remedy.

So... does anyone know another trick that might work to get rid of this Notification? It is annoying... but it doesn't interfere with message sending in any way it seems, so I could live with it... but I don't want too lol.

Thanks all.

Found a solution:

From user "magjis" at Droid X Forum
I experienced the exact same problem on my Droid X. I clicked yes to send a return receipt on a text message containing an image. The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.

Solution:
1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
2. Launch Handcent SMS
3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!

badd99

Reaction score
Im not sure....I had like 8 or so of these unsent messages and deleting them fixed my issue. I two deleted all messages before attempting this so not sure why yours isnt working.

BTW, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! I was going nuts!

Avintril

Reaction score
In the end it turns out that I'm just a wee bit daft lol. Turns out that the bad message was there but it had no title... just a little red "x". But it did close it out when I clicked on it and fixed the problem. And in fact I use the Handcent app now. Lots is features I just love!

frankrigor

Reaction score
"Text message not sent"

I just got a Droid2global.
In general I like it, but everytime I go to the text message app, send or receive a text, I get a notice in the top left corner of the screen saying "Text message not sent". When I "tap to view message" I go to the text message screen with a box at the bottom saying "Message not available"
This occurs all the time and my texts are getting sent successfully.
Any ideas?