Text Message Memory Full

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
What worked for me

I tried deleting programs and all text messages, rebooting, etc.

What finally worked for me was deleting all data from the Twitter for Android app (over 52MB!).

Lisbian08

Reaction score
Try rebooting into Clockwork and clear the Davlik cache. This will avoid deleting apps and messages as a 1st attempt. Keep in mind, after clearing the next reboot will take a bit longer.

AFDOOM

Reaction score
I think there should be an option to automatically delete old messages if you run out of room or at least be able to retrieve old messages that you phone doesn't give you because its too full. Who could we talk to about that?

sad

Reaction score
My wife had this issue and when she finally visited a Verizon store, they found she had over 5,000 emails in her trash bin. It turns out when you delete an email through the phone, it ends up in trash, but trash needs to be deleted also. Quite a pain, because there is no way to "empty" the trash folder, and you must select every email and then delete it again.

Natey2

Reaction score
Maybe a third-party email or text messaging app that allows multi- select is what you need, so that you can delete multiple messages with one click?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I had this issue, OG Droid, not rooted. I moved as many apps to sd as I could. Cleared text cache. I called VZW a couple of times. I finally came across a VZW tech that gave me a solution that worked.

Dialed #228 select option 2 update roaming

Once complete, text yourself a picture. Problem solved for me.