Text Message Folder Capacity

CHRISOF03

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have the Sidekick LX '09 with T-Mobile, but with all the network screw ups they've been having and the poor coverage in my area, I've decided to join the rest of the smart people in the world and go with Verizon lol.

I LOVED the Sidekick and used it for years - mainly because I'm a texter... But lately all the other inconveniences haven't been worth it and I've researched LITERALLY MONTHS to pick a new phone. Finally narrowed it down to a few, and so far the highest on my list is the Motorola Droid.

One of the biggest complaints I have with the Sidekick is the SMS folder capacity. Once you've reached 100 texts (including long individual texts that are say, 2-5 msgs long), it starts to delete your messages. It's been this way on all the Sidekick models and I've complained about it every time lol.

What is the SMS (and MMS) folder capacity?

Thanks!!!

strobez395

Reaction score
5000 Texts Per conversation with each person

EDIT: 5000 texts, and 5000 MMS with each person

OP
C

CHRISOF03

Reaction score
Awesome-that's more than enough. I actually almost signed up with them tonight (a lil ansy and don't wanna wait LOL), but I didn't just yet because my girl didn't know what phone she wanted :-/ But anyway, the sales rep told me that my message capacity was basically adjustable... She said that it was only limited by the amount of space you were willing to use up on the phone's 16GB memory capacity... So is that not true?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Make sure that you periodically delete messages though, or set the limits low. Large quantities of messages in one thread to be deleted at the same time bog the system down a bit and can REALLY bog down the messaging app. If, however, you just want to keep large records of conversations with certain people and never feel like you'll need to delete entire threads at the same time, disregard this. I come from T-mobile as well, though my last phone was a G1 (I was with them for 6 years). You'll love the Verizon network! I couldn't even get 3G on my G1 without driving about 2 hours from home. With VW, I'm in a completely different area of the country, but I'm out in the sticks and get 3G! WOOT!

OP
C

CHRISOF03

Reaction score
Hahaha nice man! If you've ever been to (or know anything about) East Texas, you know it pretty much consists of nothing BUT sticks hahaha. Lufkin, Nacogdoches and Tyler about the biggest cities in it, and that's not saying much. What really irritates me is that I'm less than TWO HOURS from Houston and there my service is AMAZING. I'm talking LIGHTENING FAST-almost as fast as the actual internet at my house! But as soon as I get 30 miles outside of the city it drops back to EDGE service :-( But the Verizon Wireless coverage here in East Texas is awesome. Even out in little places like Hudson or Central you still get good coverage. I've got ONE friend with it and the rest of my friends either have Sprint or AT&T and ALL of us lose our reception except him lol.

So yeah - needless to say... I'M SOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO VW!