Text message app??

jwpmel

Reaction score
Do you have to download an app to group text.. by group text I mean, have a group set up and click on that and it sends it to everyone without having to choose them individually each time..

mmcdonald14

Reaction score
okay apparently i am a tard but i goto settings and cannot fins the notification tab i am suppose to turn off. please help

neimand

Reaction score
okay apparently i am a tard but i goto settings and cannot fins the notification tab i am suppose to turn off. please help

Just open the stock mess app hit menu button, go to settings, scroll down and you'll the Notification settings area uncheck the box for notifications says display message notifi in stat bar and no more doubles

rdstill1

Reaction score
Delayed texts app or functionality??

I am wondering if anyone out there reading this post knows of an app, or, functionality the Droid might already have, that will allow the sending of a delayed text. In other words, I might want to go ahead and type a text message in to my phone to a particular contact, but have the Droid delay sending the text until a time that I specify. Anyone heard of anything like that being available?

I searched this forum for this info and couldn't find any threads already on the subject. If I've missed it just post me the thread please.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anything like this but I am curious, what kind of situation would you use this in ?

rdstill1

Reaction score
There have been several times lately where I've texted a friend or family member and they were either at work or otherwise engaged and were unable to check the text when it arrived at their phone. Then, the reciever would say that they didn't see it when they were able to check their phone, because it got bogged down behind several other texts, or whatever. If I could go ahead and pre-type-out and address the text, but have the phone delay sending it until a time when I was more sure they'd be able to view it when it arrived at their phone, that'd fix my problem.

neimand

Reaction score
I have seen that but that was back in my blackberry days before droid saved me. i havent seen anything like that on messaging apps that i've tried, i have had times when that would have been usefull.

vikingboy18

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone out there reading this post knows of an app, or, functionality the Droid might already have, that will allow the sending of a delayed text. In other words, I might want to go ahead and type a text message in to my phone to a particular contact, but have the Droid delay sending the text until a time that I specify. Anyone heard of anything like that being available?

I searched this forum for this info and couldn't find any threads already on the subject. If I've missed it just post me the thread please.

Try searching for SMS Scheduler. Haven't used it myself but it's in the Market and says it does exactly what you're looking for.

rdstill1

Reaction score
Try searching for SMS Scheduler. Haven't used it myself but it's in the Market and says it does exactly what you're looking for.

Awesome, that looks like it. Thanks a million! There's actually nine apps that come up under those search terms. I'll try 'em.

amylou

Reaction score
The best one I have found & use all the time is SMS Wishes it allows you to schedule text messages for a specific date & time & even set it to repeat (for example, my husband & I have a karaoke business & schedule a reminder for our regulars every Friday night). Or if something pops into my head at 2 or 3am I can schedule a text of that info to the intended recipient at a more reasonable time of day...lol

I have been using this since WinMo & use it all the time now with android, it is so user friendly & you can enable/disable any recurring messages etc...great tool & great for even sending reminders to yourself...lol

Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

amylou

Reaction score
Almost forgot....SMS Wishes also works great if you are sending a message to a large group of people....just set the time for about 5 min in the future, type your message & then select (through a checkmark list) all of the contacts you want to receive the message :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fireball

Reaction score
Motoroloa Xoom

Sure hope it works for the new xoom becuase right now i cant find any program that does any texting at all i have tried 3 or 4 different apps none seem to work but almost all of the apps work with the xoom becuase it is a droid just with a better operating system