More texting issues!

gracie82

Reaction score
Why when I go to send a text message and begin to type someones name in the send bar does it no always bring certain names up? It seems like certain people's names are not saved correctly or something. But I had all my numbers transfered over by verizon to my gmail.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
wait explain more it's hard to understand,

When you type in a text message spot random contact names fly in it?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know.....use Handcent, it gives you a list of all the cell phones in your contacts to just checkmark who your sending it to...

OP
G

gracie82

Reaction score
Ok, here we go with a more in depth explanation.
1. When i go to send a new text message and begin to type a contacts name in the contact bar
2. It only brings certain people's names up
3. Some of the names i am trying to find don't show up

ShowTime

Reaction score
If you're sure the ones you want, but aren't showing up, are entered correctly in your contacts list, but still aren't showing up... might want to try a quick export/import. Open your contacts > menu > import/export > export to SD card. Then same thing, only import from SD card. Then try it and see if they show up then.

bigthinker

Reaction score
Sometimes you may find the name by going into the contacts icon versus just the text icon....I have to do this on occasion. Not sure why though....:motdroidhoriz:

thatguychuck

Reaction score
If the phone number isn't saved as "mobile," it won't show up in the messaging app.

EPWalker

Reaction score
(reply "n" for next")

When I recieve a text message that is more than 4 or 5 lines on my Droid 2, the continuing message is interrupted by this phrase in parenthesis (reply "n" for next). What does this mean and what am I supposed to do with or about it??? if I type "n" that what my reply starts with, and I still don't know what the rest of the original message says. Can anyone advise?

lori999

Reaction score
I got the same thing. I replied "n" hoping I'd get the rest of the message and nothing happend. So I contacted Verizon and they told me that if you ever get anything that says to reply, it is actually a third party sneaking in and tricks you into a subscription. Next time you get that message, reply "stop" and contact your carrier immediately to note your account.