Text keyboard lockup

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
On occasion, the text keyboard on the Turbo "locks up" while in use. A reboot seems to solve the issue. This only seems to happen when I at my PC desk and the Logitech K750 wireless solar keyboard. The Logitech keyboard, on occasion, acts a little strange in that the CTRL key "locks up" causing some zoom in/out issues.

I have no "proof" the two are related, just curious if anybody else has experienced this type of off-the-wall behavior.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you saying that you're using the logitech keyboard on the turbo, or that you notice the onscreen keyboard acting strange when the phone is near the logitech keyboard?

Sent from my Note 4

OP
24c

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
When the phone is NEAR the Logitech. It is nothing I can replicate with 100% results.

OP
24c

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
NO and NO. In the face of full disclosure, I must admit I did a lot of "funny" things back in the 60s, this could be a delayed reaction...:cool:

I have never noticed it on the email keyboard, just text.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, unless you're using different keyboard apps for each, I'd say maybe the issue is the "texting" app.

I'm assuming you're using the stock text & email apps?

Sent from my Note 4

OP
24c

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Both stock apps. I don't have any add on apps, but have disabled many apps. Maybe I can narrow it down by trial and error.
Thanks for the replies - Happy TDay.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That could easily be your culprit. Best of luck & Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Please let us know if you find the cause!

Sent from my Note 4

OP
24c

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Will do.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do you have Google keyboard disabled?? I had it disabled once and it caused my keyboard to freeze.. I use SwiftKey.

OP
24c

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
No - I use the stock keyboard.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
For the sake of it, try using something like Fleksy or Swype or SwiftKey to see if you can replicate the problem.

The only reason I can offer for the computer keyboard acting up is wireless interference. It uses a 2.4Ghz wireless connection from the keyboard to the receiver.

btc1951

Reaction score
I just got the turbo 2 days ago and have been using SwiftKey keyboard so I can have a dedicated number row. I've noticed some bizarre behavior sometimes when I hit the back space key. The keyboard locks up and I get the zoom in /zoom out issue and when I press the backspace key it randomly types strange characters and surrounds the screen with a blue line, then eventually the blue line goes away, I can delete the random characters and type normally again. It somehow seems to be related to the backspace key. It's as if my phone is possessed! I know if I call verizon they'll say it's SwiftKey fault but I need that dedicated number row and can't find a way to get it on their stock keyboard. Help!

OP
24c

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I think we are all a little possessed, just not sure by what...:). I started using Messages + this AM to see if the situation continues. What fun would these phones be if they didn't do some strange stuff once in a while to keep us on our toes...