Text and Virtual Message

flannbarr

Reaction score
Texting and Virtual Keyboard

When i type a text message, the virtual keyboard comes up when the phone is in portrait mode but not when I turn it to landscape mode. I press in the "type to compose" box and the virtual keyboard will not come up.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Reaction score
Goto Settings - scroll down to Language and Keyboard - make sure the Android Keyboard is checked. If not it assumes you want to default to the slide up keyboard. Once checked the touch keyboard it the default.

Actually the touch keyboard is easier for me. I wish they had a touch only option and made it thinner!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Which way are you turning the phone? I have noticed that if I turn it to the right (i.e. top of the phone is facing my right) the landscape does not work, but if I turn it to the left it works just fine. Not sure if this is for all phones or just a quirk of mine phone, but I have gotten used to it.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Which way are you turning the phone? I have noticed that if I turn it to the right (i.e. top of the phone is facing my right) the landscape does not work, but if I turn it to the left it works just fine. Not sure if this is for all phones or just a quirk of mine phone, but I have gotten used to it.
It only goes into landscape on the side with the physical keyboard.

OP
F

flannbarr

Reaction score
I turn it to the left so the physical keyboard is facing me but it is not open. The virtual keyboard does not come up for texting.