Tethering

Death3044

Reaction score
I just read that the Tethering apps PDAnet and EasyTether have been removed from the android market becuase of pressure from t-moblie, can anyone confirm this? getting my droid in 10 days and I hope I can tether without rooting it first.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I just read that the Tethering apps PDAnet and EasyTether have been removed from the android market becuase of pressure from t-moblie, can anyone confirm this? getting my droid in 10 days and I hope I can tether without rooting it first.

They are still on the market. You can use these to tether via bluetooth or the usb cable, but wireless tether after rooting is so much better.

OP
D

Death3044

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and quick too.

I know wireless tethering is much better after rooting, and I'm going to root it as soon as I'm confident that I'm not going to brick it while doing it which will probably be a week after I get it.

Cornholieo

Reaction score
PdaNet is still there as of 9:40 PDT, but even if they do remove it, who cares? You can always go to the site and download it directly from there. It is easy to get apps that are not on the Android Market with no root required.

Having said that there are step by step instructions in the forums here which get you through the entire rooting process. I am not Technical and followed the steps and easily rooted my Droid.

OP
D

Death3044

Reaction score
Cornholieo;329483... It is easy to get apps that are not on the Android Market with no root required... [/QUOTE said:
I didn't know that... plus also I haven't downloaded PDAnet yet.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Just checked, both still there. Where did you read they had been removed? I have not heard of any app being removed, except from the Iphone store.

Hey, I'm a total dumbarse

The first step is admitting it. :)