Tethering with GB

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
With Gingerbread you need to use Droid 2 Bootstrap. I've heard some people have had success using Droid X Bootstrap by turning USB debugging off before using it, but if not the Droid 2 Bootstrap will work

Does that mean I have to leave USB debugging off all the time? Or just when I want to reboot?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Just when your using Droid x Bootstrap on gingerbread. You can turn it back on after that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
You guys are genius... Now I got it installed but here is my situation now. I can turn on the Wifi tether and it sees my computer and MAC address but I don't have an internet connection??? I can see the internet with my phone. What am I missing?

leftspin

Reaction score

leftspin

Reaction score
I installed it. Do I need to try and reinstall?

Nah don't reinstall. There might be something in the settings for the app that you have to change that I'm just forgetting. See if it works when you change the device profile to Droid X (CDMA)

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
I jsut tried reinstalling but no success. I also double checked the Droix X CDMA and its marked... What am I missing? My laptop connects with the phone but no internet access...

leftspin

Reaction score
I jsut tried reinstalling but no success. I also double checked the Droix X CDMA and its marked... What am I missing? My laptop connects with the phone but no internet access...

This is weird, it should work, I really don't know why it isn't at this point. Hopefully someone else with some more insight will be able to sort this out.

OP
D

droidrunnr

Reaction score
I have played with the 3G mobile settings and turned on and no success then back off... I then retried and now its working... ???? Hopefully it continues...

THanks for all the help. Will keep you updated if it goes down again.

leftspin

Reaction score
I have played with the 3G mobile settings and turned on and no success then back off... I then retried and now its working... ???? Hopefully it continues...

THanks for all the help. Will keep you updated if it goes down again.

Sometimes stuff just messes itself up and a quick reboot/settings toggle is all it takes to fix it