Help! Barnacle Wi-Fi Tethering Problem

Ansextra

Reaction score
I wanted to set up a wireless tether and tried Barnacle from the market. Using 2.2 OTA. Since installing Barnacle I can't get my phone's wi-fi to connect to anything. It just connects and disconnects immediately. It sees networks without a problem. It just won't connect.
Can anyone tell me how I can get my wi-fi back? I've tried uninstalling Barnacle and rebooting but that didn't help.
Thanks.

ggordonliddy

Reaction score
I wanted to set up a wireless tether and tried Barnacle from the market. Using 2.2 OTA. Since installing Barnacle I can't get my phone's wi-fi to connect to anything. It just connects and disconnects immediately. It sees networks without a problem. It just won't connect.
Can anyone tell me how I can get my wi-fi back? I've tried uninstalling Barnacle and rebooting but that didn't help.
Thanks.

I know it's long after your post, but for the benefit of anybody else reading this: I had the same problem, and was close to giving up (uninstalled Barnacle, ran a WiFi Fixer (which reported success), lots of reboots and unremembering my router on the phone).

I finally just turned my router off briefly, and that fixed it. Of course I guess if you don't have access to the router you are out of luck. Maybe it only happens with some routers, but I have a very common one that came with Verizon FIOS.

I then reinstalled Barnacle, started it (then stopped it), and the problem happened again. I wonder if the "Skip wpa_supplicant" option that has to be chosen, at least in my case, is causing the problem?

I don't think I will ever be using Barnacle again unless the developers address this, because I don't know all of the repercussions. And will it somehow break my home router connection if I use it away from my home? I wonder if it has also broken my other saved connections - ones which I can't just reset the router for, such as at work.