Tethering with GB update

fre1102

Reaction score
I haven't updated yet, because I want to keep the tether functionality. I rarely use it, but when I need it, I need it. I remember a few months ago people were saying you couldn't root the GB update and tethering was axed. It looks like it's rooted now, but are people tethering again?

I usually use barnacle, but I'm not married to it. But about once a month I'll need it for ten minutes, and then it's vital.

Anyone using a tethering app with the GB update successfully?

OP
F

fre1102

Reaction score
Anyone? I'd like to either delete the update or install it.

Thanks in advance.

StingRay

Reaction score
If the recent OTA GB update is like the leak that came out back in May, which supposedly it is, then you will have a problem tethering. i am on the Team Black Hat rooted Gingerbread update, which was created from the leak, and I am unable to tether using wireless tether. I tried again last night and while i was able to connect my tablet to my Pro, the tablet browser was immediately directed to a Verizon web page notifying that a mobile hotspot subscription is required. Was hoping by now that there was a way around this, especially being rooted.

easyfire

Reaction score
I am using the Droid Pro running stock and have gotten the Gingerbread update about a week ago. I infrequently tether using wired USB and PDAnet. Everything works just fine. Perhaps because I am a very lite user or wired tether.

stupidchicken03

Reaction score
I am using the Droid Pro running stock and have gotten the Gingerbread update about a week ago. I infrequently tether using wired USB and PDAnet. Everything works just fine. Perhaps because I am a very lite user or wired tether.

PDANet will still work with wired tethering. WIRELESS (wifi) tether has not been working :(

hotkoko

Reaction score
I got gingerbread update and my easy tether still works just fine

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

hotkoko

Reaction score
Snagged it months ago

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums