Tethering to tablet

DROID11

Reaction score
I have tried to use PDAnet for tablets on my transformer prime using my bionic, it didn't work well. Other than rooting or paying for the hotspot feature, is there any way to tether my bionic to my transiformer prime? I am having trouble rooting my bionic since I manually got .901, and haven't had time to figure out how to root from there, so i am not going to bother rooting for now.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I have tried to use PDAnet for tablets on my transformer prime using my bionic, it didn't work well. Other than rooting or paying for the hotspot feature, is there any way to tether my bionic to my transiformer prime? I am having trouble rooting my bionic since I manually got .901, and haven't had time to figure out how to root from there, so i am not going to bother rooting for now.

If you have the dock you should be able to USB tether for free. I use it all the time on my laptop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
If you have the dock you should be able to USB tether for free. I use it all the time on my laptop.

I tried that and it didn't work. What do I have to set the phone to when I plug in the USB

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Not PDA net, just the built in Bluetooth tethering. I've used it with my galaxy tab

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Not PDA net, just the built in Bluetooth tethering. I've used it with my galaxy tab

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

bluetooth tethering doesn't work with ICS, but if you refer to a forum I recently started, I found that foxfi is a wonderful app that allows you to use your hotspot for free.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

tpearson25

Reaction score
bluetooth tethering doesn't work with ICS, but if you refer to a forum I recently started, I found that foxfi is a wonderful app that allows you to use your hotspot for free.

So when the Bionic gets ICS I will loose bluetooth tether? Why is it when we get an upgrade we loose options? I would think upgrades should make your phone better not take things away that are useful.

ihelos

Reaction score

Thank you Droid11!
Foxfi works fantastically on the Bionic, it easily tethered my Acer tab with full functionality. Much better the PDAnet tablet! Dude, thanks again.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Thank you Droid11!
Foxfi works fantastically on the Bionic, it easily tethered my Acer tab with full functionality. Much better the PDAnet tablet! Dude, thanks again.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

no problem! I am surprised this hasn't blown up more than it has! I have told quite a few friends about it and they seem to love it. I checked my account after about 3 days with it and there is still no hotspot feature listed in my features, so I am still no being charged. Spread the word, this is any android enthusiast's dream especially those who don't want to root

My351

Reaction score
Have had it three days now myself, and it works great. Just let a friend jump on to use my 4G so he could download something on his brand new IPhone 4s.

wseyller

Reaction score
Google "wifi tether". you will have to sideload it as it isnt on the market. The app has a profile for the bionic. It does infrastructure mode so you can tether to any device that has wifi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Very interested in foxfi. Waiting to see if Verizon starts charging users for tethering if they use it.

Mmracing

Reaction score
Wow! Foxfi works great on my unrooted Bionic to tether my GTab. Wireless tethering is the only reason I even considered rooting my Bionic... no need now. :icon_ lala:

tankman12

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I registered on here just so I could post my comments about getting my phone to tether to my tablet. I installed FoxFi on my HTC Incredible and then installed PDANet on my Acer A200 ICS tablet. Since my phone doesn't support wifi tethering, I had to use Bluetooth tethering and it is actually a faster connection than my HotSpot feature which I might be canceling real soon. I just wanted to thank you guys for posting this information as I am just about at my 2gig hot stop limit. I am pretty sure Bluetooth tethering won't accumulate any data usage on my data plan or my hotspots plan. I will post up if I notice any changes on my bill.

Thanks again guys.