Tether Your Droid...

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I think this is still a topic a lot of people still have questions about. Does anyone have instructions on how to tether your droid to you laptop for everyone, please post.

I have heard there is a 5 gig limit if your droid is tethered to your comp and say your using it in your car. what does everyone know about this.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this is still a topic a lot of people still have questions about. Does anyone have instructions on how to tether your droid to you laptop for everyone, please post.

I have heard there is a 5 gig limit if your droid is tethered to your comp and say your using it in your car. what does everyone know about this.

Perhaps try a search and then come back with a specific question.

jasonb

Reaction score
another tethering thread?

if you're not rooted you can install PDAnet on your droid (it's in the market) and plug it into your computer with the usb cord.

if you're rooted there is a wifi tether app you can use on your droid. simply install it and then do a scan (for networks) on your computer and it'll show up.

pretty simple either way.

the data plan on cell phones is 100% completely unlimited. if verizon somehow finds out you've been tethering they can supposedly charge you a very high fee. but it seems that verizon either doesn't care or truly has no way to tell. nobody has come on here and talked about getting a thousand dollar cell phone bill yet.

the max speed you'll see over 3G is about 2, maybe 2.5mbps(on a good day), so it's nothing crazy. it's not a replacement for cable or fios, at least for me.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can tether with PDAnet or that app in the new ROMs, called Wireless Tether for Root Users....PDAnet is in the Market