Tether via USB

izzysmom

Reaction score
Question...if I tether my phone via USB...does the phone also charge at the same time? Otherwise I assume I'll be draining the crap outta my battery since I can't plug my phone into an outlet & usb port at the same time...

Also...what's the preferred tethering program? I've seen a few listed on the boards...(and FREE would be nice....)

sphen22

Reaction score
I use Easytether, I think there is a free version. but it def pays for itself with the paid version. And yes it does charge. I use a laptop at work for aditional computing power and I tether my phone when in the office, That way I can goof around on the internet at work and my IT guys arnt the wiser,

hendrix

Reaction score
has been awhile since i used wired tether but from what I remember, it does charge your phone.

I used pdaNet (not free).

debdroid1a

Reaction score
There is a free version of PDANet although I haven't tried it yet.

Skyscraper38

Reaction score
I was wondering using the tether via usb, does verizon charge you for it? I'm going on vacation this weekend and was going to use my laptop on the way down there since its a long drive. but im worried that verizon will charge me.

dolpns13

Reaction score
I was wondering using the tether via usb, does verizon charge you for it? I'm going on vacation this weekend and was going to use my laptop on the way down there since its a long drive. but im worried that verizon will charge me.

I dont think they do... They better not.. Haha.. I just used it for the first time this weekend. A friend of mine tethered with no charge