Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm positive that one of the other members was able to tether his Droid to his wife's iPad.

Mike

5o5

Reaction score
I (well my wife actually) also has an iPad and was wanting to use one or both of our Droid Xs to tether to the iPad to use the internet. I am not interested in going through the process of rooting my phone just yet, seems very complicated and risky. I am also not going to give Verizon any more of my money for WiFi capabilities (dumb). So I was thinking of getting PDAnet or other app...(Ideas?) and buying an adapter for the micro usb to connect to the ipad cable, which I think I have found here...

Eforcity USB 2.0 A to Micro B Female / Male Adaptor | Overstock.com

Will this work, and how? Any ideas? Comments? Concerns?

Thanks guys

So Joe...did this work??

kennyg23

Reaction score
*bump* Anyone have more input on this? I'm jealous of my daughter's Palm Pre, which now comes with a WiFi hotspot app. I've used it easily with my iPad. I want a similar solution for my Droid, without rooting...

But even with cables -- what would I need to use PDANet to tether my Droid to my iPad? Something to mate the USB ends of the different cables together?

thanks for any help...

pdanet does bluetooth tethering also. Not sure how it works but I believe you would just set it up like a bluetooth headset. Tried doing the wireless tether app to my ipad today but it kept failing to connect through wifi and bluetooth.

Last edited:

ken.gentry

Reaction score
The one-click rooting apps make this process very clean and easy. I have a Droid X and had rooting and wireless tethering set up in less than 10 minutes. So far I have provided Wifi connectivity to a iPod Touch and a friend's HP laptop running Windows 7. Both friends were blown away with how easy it was to turn on wifi tethering.

lenco12

Reaction score
yeh, yeh i know it's blasphemy to bring up anything apple-related here :D.

however, i got an iPad and wondering if it's possible to use my droid to tether in areas lacking in wifi?

thanks!

Have you not been to ipadforums.net? I'd post the link but I'm watching the jazz game:)...BTW..........I Want one too
Be careful it may send Steve Jobs into an apoplectic fit of rage.

rpd162

Reaction score
Tehtering Droid X to Ipad

Also wondering if this adapter worked? Very easy solution if it did. Please let us know.

I (well my wife actually) also has an iPad and was wanting to use one or both of our Droid Xs to tether to the iPad to use the internet. I am not interested in going through the process of rooting my phone just yet, seems very complicated and risky. I am also not going to give Verizon any more of my money for WiFi capabilities (dumb). So I was thinking of getting PDAnet or other app...(Ideas?) and buying an adapter for the micro usb to connect to the ipad cable, which I think I have found here...

Eforcity USB 2.0 A to Micro B Female / Male Adaptor | Overstock.com

Will this work, and how? Any ideas? Comments? Concerns?

Thanks guys

So Joe...did this work??

cwmartin59

Reaction score
Droid Bionic tethered to IPAD using PDANet Using Bluetooth Feature

I had the same desire to use my Android phone tethered to my Gen 1 IPAD. I downloaded PDANet from market onto my Droid Bionic, which I bought today. No rooting required so you don't have to worry about voiding warranty. I turned on Bluetooth feature on IPAD making sure WiFi was off. I activated Bluetooth on Bionic. To my surprise it worked! I typed this on my IPAD while connected via Bionic's Bluetooth.
:icon_ lala: