Tether issues D2G

SomeThingWicked

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with Tether? My wife uses this program on a regular basis. It works great for "everyday" browsing but if she tries to upload a large file it works great for a few seconds or so then Tether shuts down (on the phone end). It freezes up her phone to the point where she has to pull her battery. Very frustrating indeed.....if this continues we'll have to bring the phone back to Verizon and get another Blackberry (which NEVER had issues like this).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using 3G Hotspot, Wireless Tether, or Barnacle?

OP
S

SomeThingWicked

Reaction score
I am using a program called "Tether". I can't get anymore descriptive than that. It used to be called Tetherberry and was solely for Blackberry. They released the android version in beta this past summer and have recently moved it out of beta and into the market for sale. It looks as though there are very few people that have heard of this program so I don't expect much for a reply. I just thought I would toss it in here to see if anybody else was having issues as well. I think I will have to contact Tether for this matter.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Ok, I am X storm1 and had that app on it, I remember when it came out for droid. Bad reviews. I had already purchased "Easy theter" from the market and was using it. Tehher works great on BB but not so good on android. Get easy tether from app store for ur droid. I have heard good things abt pdanet, but never tried.

OP
S

SomeThingWicked

Reaction score
I used pdanet on my windows phone and had nothing but trouble with it. I am sending a help ticket to Tether to see if they can assist me. I may be trying easytether tomorrow if Tether can't help me. Thanks for the input :)