testing Fennec (pre-alpha version)

zMd113

Reaction score
testing Fennec browser from Mozilla (pre-alpha version)

I will be testing out Fennec on my Droid Incredible. So I'll sort of be using this as a blog to keep people updated about it. If your using Fennec as well please update us about your likes/dislikes etc.
If you want to join in on the experiment download Fennec and give it a whirl!
Mozilla Officially Unveils A Pre-Alpha Test Version Of Firefox For Android

Or download here bit.ly/fennec-android

Incredible users: once the download is complete, hit menu>more>downloads>long hold Fennec>open via package installer. It will ask you to check a privacy deal do that then continue installing, done, enjoy!
Then from the Home menu>settings>applications>make sure to uncheck that privacy box it's for safety reasons.

Last edited:
OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
It's definitely pre-alpha, buggy, slow, sometimes force closes. I see some really nice features that I look forward to using though. Super easy to start a new tab, add-ons just like in FireFox. So far when viewing web sites I can't zoom in by pinching, I have to tap, tap, to get a closer look.

Leonius

Reaction score
I downloaded on a moto droid and it just gives me a black screen...guess I need a droid x lol

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
I downloaded on a moto droid and it just gives me a black screen...guess I need a droid x lol

Actually it works better on MOTO Droid, just google search how to properly install it.

leadhead

Reaction score
yeah I used to run it on my Droid actually, it was the build before the current one but it actually never FC'd on me. I just used APK installer to install it and it worked fine

Leonius

Reaction score
The blog I got the .apk file from didn't mention anything about needing special install...I'm wondering if it's due to the 2.2 or rom I'm running.