Tester Leak Indicates Droid Bionic Battery Life has Improved Battery Life

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Well, it looks like a good phone. I need a new one as my original Droind is on it's last leg ( Broken screen and under water twice ) but I will pass on this one due to:

1) Locked bootloader ( nearly a certainty )

2) Blur... I HATE BLUR with a passion and cannot understand why Moto insists on a feature ( really a virus ) that most users hate.

I can almost give them a pass on the bootloader as this decision may be dictated by Verizon, but the Blur disaster is of their own making.....

Try the newer versions of Blur first, then give us your critique. Its seriously not that bad since the GB update for the Droid X1.

Agreed, I actually like the new blur that was on the D3. It's greatly improved.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Try the newer versions of Blur first, then give us your critique. Its seriously not that bad since the GB update for the Droid X1.

+1 I got the new blur back on the first week of April and I have not wanted to flash anything else since (which is amazing!).

phatkat66

Reaction score
I actually like blur..... idk what it is but i prefer blur's simplicity over HTC's flashy stuff and crappy battery.

Insidious

Reaction score
Nice info. The kicker for me will be if the Bionic has the same crap camera that my D2 has. If that is the case I could skip out on 4g for the sake of having a camera that actually takes good pictures.

The Droid Charge takes excellent pics. My wife has one, it's very impressive. I'll probably still be getting this phone no matter what. But hearing that it could have great battery life makes me a bit more excited.

Indeed great news. I own a $2000 Canon for pictures and I know any phone I get will never compete, but my Droid 2 took pics was laughable, they were a complete failure and pointless for me to even use the camera. I am just saying, if the Bionic has the same camera (which I have heard it does), then no matter how much I want the Bionic, it would cause me to look at other options.

The Bionic has an 8 megapixel camera capable of 1080p "HD" video. The white balance will probably be off like the D3 though.

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

kyler13

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I think its a sad state of affairs when a 15 hour charge with 'moderate' use ends up being newsworthy for how good it is...

LOL I agree 100%! I remember when my old flip phone would last 3-5 days on a single charge. Unfortunately that's just how it is now a days.

But your old flip phone only made phone calls. :p

Turn off data on your smartphone and see how many days of battery life you get.

sb1831

Reaction score
LOL I agree 100%! I remember when my old flip phone would last 3-5 days on a single charge. Unfortunately that's just how it is now a days.

But your old flip phone only made phone calls. :p

Turn off data on your smartphone and see how many days of battery life you get.

If battery lift holds to be true, I'll definitely be KEEPING this phone after purchase. I spent 600$ on a Thunderbolt and couldn't even get an 8 hour work day out of it. Returned it. I don't need to stream music or watch netflix. I've got my laptop for that when I'm in the office or a radio in my vehicles. I use my smartphone for what it's meant for, making calls, checking emails, taking the occasional pic of a site I'm working at and scheduling. 15 hours sounds GREAT to me.

sb1831

Reaction score
And to the OG Droid owner how can you HATE blur you have a D1? If you played with it in a store or another friend's phone it doesn't count and you have no basis to bash it.