temporarily avoiding poor connection

wxman1961

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that has been working without any issues for over a year. However, I have begun to have issues connecting to any WIFI network during the past week. I initially thought it was an issue with our home network. However, I have the same issue trying to connect to any WIFI network.

Whenever I try to connect to a WIFI network, I receive the following message: temporarily avoiding poor connection. The phone then indicates that is connected to the network. However, speed tests suggest that the phone is not connected to a network. The information from the speed tests suggest the phone is testing the sppeds from the local 4G and/or 4GLTE network.

I have read several posts about this issue and have seen suggestions that range from performing a factory reset on the phone to making changes to the WIFI settings on the phone. Most of the changes seem to result in the phone being able to connect to the WIFI network for a few days. However, the issue eventually comes back.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue? Because I am not able to connect to any WIFI network, I have been using lots of data via our local 4G and/or 4GLTE networks. I would like to find a solution to this issue before it begins to cost me extra money.

I am headed to AT&T tomorrow to see if they have a fix for this issue. But I am sure they will tell me some of the same things that I have read online.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Check your basic internet connection.
Are your using automatic configuration, or do you use manual set up procedures?
If you manually enter the settings, and you are attempting to use a public WiFi network, you need to make sure you select 'add networks' to your list of oft-used networks, so you will not need to again, manually configure each new network you encounter.