Wifi connection issue

bakerke2001

Reaction score
WIFI connection problem
I am having problems connecting to a wifi network in my office. My laptop sitting next to my Droid is connecting just fine.
Another person nearby in the office with an iPod touch is also connecting to the network with no issue. I have seen an out of range message once or twice.

Any suggestions?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Maybe if you describe the problem a little more someone can help.

Is the network not showing in the list of available networks?
Is the network not accepting your security key/password (if it has one)?

Give us more details and maybe someone will have some suggestions.

OP
B

bakerke2001

Reaction score
it is showing in my list of networks....There is no password...I have seen an out of range message a few times......When I try to connect to it...it appears as though it isnt doing anything

I have no trouble connecting to it with my laptop which is right beside my droid and get excellent signal strength most of the time....Someone nearby with an iPod touch has no problem connecting either

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
it is showing in my list of networks....There is no password...I have seen an out of range message a few times......When I try to connect to it...it appears as though it isnt doing anything

I have no trouble connecting to it with my laptop which is right beside my droid and get excellent signal strength most of the time....Someone nearby with an iPod touch has no problem connecting either

So your work wifi does appear on your Droid as an available network but your Droid does not connect. Can you tap it (work wifi)? If so, does your Droid connect? Can you connect to any other wifi?

Mike

Grite99

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found the solution. On your Droid, go to settings>wireless&networks>wifi settings, tap menu, then 'advanced', and UNCHECK 'use static IP'. Then go back and try connecting again. It worked for me!

Grite99

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found the solution. On your Droid, go to settings>wireless&networks>wifi settings, tap menu, then 'advanced', and UNCHECK 'use static IP'. Then go back and try connecting again. It worked for me!