Temp on Bionic reached 114°. Is this ok?

Mondingo

Reaction score
Is it normal for my bionic to reach 114 ° while using it? My temp widget is pretty accurate.I did notice The data signal was weak and I was using it a lot. Could this be a problem? Also as soon as the temp dropped back down and I had a good signal, it worked fine.Could this have hurt anything.Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Should not hurt anything. On my rooted and rommed Droid 1 when I would use navigation and play music and charge it (all at the same time), it would get into the 120's routinely. It survived well and my wife is now using it. It's almost two years old. The highest temp I ever saw on it was a 153. These are cpu temps I'm referring to and you are probably talking about the battery temp. I think max temp for these batteries is about 135-140??

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are right.battery temp. Just wondering. Glad to know it does not hurt anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TyrantII

Reaction score
45.5C isn't bad.

55-75 is starting to get hot, but well within design tolerances, although the device would probably start to get too hot to handle.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm pretty sure our phones will shut down if they get to hot so dont worry! What temp app are you using?

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure our phones will shut down if they get to hot so dont worry! What temp app are you using?

I'm using Battery Monitor by Simmo. And I think you're right about shut down mode..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
You only really need to worry if it breaks 140F/60C.