Telesales Pre-orders are being accepted now

jwd45244

Reaction score
I called and placed my order for my Droid today. It won't be shipped until Friday. That is fine with me.

Verizon Consumer Sales: (800) 256-4646

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Eh, I'd rather deal with Best Buy.. I never thought I'd say that, EVER, but they're automating the mail-in rebate that VZW will likely take 2-3 months to get back to you. I'll save my $100 and use it on something else in the meantime. I pre-ordered for $50 and I'll have it when yours ships out! :)

Good looking out though. Thanks for letting us know.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, I'd rather deal with Best Buy.. I never thought I'd say that, EVER, but they're automating the mail-in rebate that VZW will likely take 2-3 months to get back to you. I'll save my $100 and use it on something else in the meantime. I pre-ordered for $50 and I'll have it when yours ships out! :)

The MIR is a debit card you get when you are done purchasing the unit.

ebean

Reaction score
verizon will give you the automatic rebate if you order online on friday.

BlkSSon22s

Reaction score
Awesome, so either way we order it (online or telesales) before 4PM EST, verizon will ship it out same day for overnight delivery and it will be in our hands saturday..Correct?

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Awesome, so either way we order it (online or telesales) before 4PM EST, verizon will ship it out same day for overnight delivery and it will be in our hands saturday..Correct?

I'll be sure to post up here from my Droid early Friday morning just to rub it in everyones faces that won't get it until Saturday, if that's the case.

:icon_ devil:

lauriep

Reaction score

The MIR is a debit card you get when you are done purchasing the unit.

I don't think so. You still have to wait to get it in 4-6 weeks. You don't get it immediately.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nope, you'll get it on Monday unless you pay the extra charge for Saturday delivery.

BlkSSon22s

Reaction score
You sure they are doing pre-orders? I just called twice, 1 guy told me No, other guy jsut said he will call me on the 6th.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
seriously? no one ran into that problem?

Seems very hit or miss. A few people say they have done this, what has really happened is a rep has taken their info, their cc, and holds till friday to process. Nothing more.

lehane

Reaction score
swapping eligibility for NE2

I have 4 lines, one eliglible for NE2 -- not the line I want a Droid on. Best Buy said they couldn't swap the eligibility even though the FAQ on verizon's site says it is ok to do. So I called Verizon, ordering was easy and took no time! Swapping eligibility was fine with them.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
i ordered via the phone and got the rebate instant. they usually give it to you (well they have to me) when i've asked them. because i always get everything billed to my account.