Technical Question about Malfunctioning Phone: Screen Blank

no_1_u_know

Reaction score

Hello All,

I am in New Orleans, where Hurricane Isaac recently passed through. I was taking pics with my HTC Incredible 2, which was in an Otterbox defender. I left the phone in the pocket of a rain shell that was soaked. I don't think it got direct water contact, but obviously a high-humidity environment, for about an hour. The screen does absolutely nothing. totally blank. It is not lighting up and displaying all black. Rather, it is not functioning at all. I am certain I have battery power, as I have three batteries and a battery charger. The phone boots and I get chimes and vibrations of incoming messages, etc. The phone is rooted, and I assume the phone goes into the boot menu, but I cannot see for sure. I have left it in a bag of rice for over two days. No change. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether the LCD display may be bad, or maybe there is something on the motherboard that connects to the display? I've ordered another Incredible 2, and I hope to repair this one. Any ideas? Does anyone know another technical forum I can post in?

Thanks so much!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. I really wish you weren't rooted so that you could take it in the store. But your hunch that it might be because of the humidity seems to be the likely cause.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
N

no_1_u_know

Reaction score
I Did

Sorry to hear that man. I really wish you weren't rooted so that you could take it in the store. But your hunch that it might be because of the humidity seems to be the likely cause.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I did take it into the store. They told me it was out of warranty (I've had it about 14 months).