Blank Home Screen. Help!

pdj

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am having my first real issue with my Droid Incredible. (Verizon is the carrier if that matters)

Upon powering on my Droid last night after the screen with the red Droid ''Eye'' I got an error message saying that the HTC___ (Forgot the exact term) failed to boot, with a number after the message.

The battery was low, so I charged it overnight figuring it didn't have enough battery power to boot itself up.

I started it up in the morning and did NOT get the same error message, however all my screens are blank when I cycle through them. The home page no longer has any apps or widgets showing on it, and all other pages are blank as well. I can still use the apps if I click the menu tab, however everything else is blank.

I tried taking out the battery to do a soft reset a few times and that has not solved the problem thus far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
P

pdj

Reaction score
Turns out my problem was just a memory wipe as Verizon Techs told me.

If anyone else has the same problem, if your phone still functions as it normally does only without the homescreen items, your phone wipes them out to protect itself when you have low battery levels.

jbdow

Reaction score
Well you came here for help and ended up educating us!
thanks for the info, i'll have to file that one away for
possible future reference:)

r, john