Team Win Recovery Project Updated to 2.3!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RAsb.jpg
AO13.jpg

TWRP released its newest version of their custom recovery today 2.3.0.0! This release includes some not so major changes.

Changes Inlclude:

• Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
  • Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
    NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
  • ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see ADB Sideload | TeamWin for more info
  • Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
  • Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
  • Faster boot times
  • Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)
Apparently although there are no new groundbreaking features here this is still a pretty major update since it is basically a total rewrite of the code to rebase it on the AOSP Jelly Bean Code. This paves the way for more inovation in the near future. With this change TWRP now uses API 3 instead of 2 meaning that some .zip files may no longer work if the developer is using out of date update binary. This should not be a problem for newer devices, but may affect older devices.

Via Teamw.in

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am very impressed by TWRP. If I ever root my phone, this will be my recovery of choice.

Quantumstate

Reaction score
So is this an actual Recovery app? Like Amon Ra and ClockworkMod?

Can you flash any ROM with it, like MIUI? GB, ICS, or JB?

Will it work on the XT910?

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
So is this an actual Recovery app? Like Amon Ra and ClockworkMod?

Can you flash any ROM with it, like MIUI? GB, ICS, or JB?

Will it work on the XT910?

Yes, this is an actual recovery like ClockworkMod, and it can be used to flash any ROM.
I don't know whether your particular device is supported, however. You can probably find out via the project website.