Team-Touchdroid Delivers 10-Point Multitouch to the HP TouchPad

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
CM Delivers 10-Point Multitouch to the HP TouchPad

[video=youtube;MZwhbJiad8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwhbJiad8Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Team-Touchdroid has put the “touch” back in TouchPad with the creation of a set of Android drivers delivering 10-point multitouch to the bargain basement tablet. Though efforts have been earnest in getting a fully functional Android port over to the slate, the introduction of functional multitouch marks a significant advancement for those wishing to replace the abandoned webOS software found on the TouchPad with something a bit more green. We’re still waiting for the whole thing to be neatly packaged into an easily installable ROM, but progress takes time

SOURCE: HP TouchPad gets multitouch drivers for Android courtesy of Team-Touchdroid -- Engadget

Last edited:

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Shhhhhhh! stop saying these things! How am I supposed to get a cheap Touchpad if you keep posting things that are pointing to Android being installed!???

Move along folks... This is not the Touchpad you are looking for :p

obsquacious

Reaction score
The CyanogenMod team says they took credit for code CM wrote. As far as I can tell the cm team doesn't seem like they would lie about something like that.

Sent via GingerDroid.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I dont really care who wrote the code - I just want a working port for my TP.
It's great news that they have the touchscreen drivers working... hopefully they sort out the power issues real soon and get something resembling a true alpha out to testers by the weekend.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Jeez, more of a reason for me wanting one. Too bad they're sold out everywhere I go!

nikecar

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have listened to my wife when she said we didn't need one.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have listened to my wife when she said we didn't need one.

Exactly! My wife said the same thing.... she got real quiet when I asked if she really needed another pair of shoes. case closed and I actually won for once!! Wife 9,000,000 Me 1.

I'm still going to keep checking AND IF I find one at this price; I'm on it!

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sadly, HP sent out emails saying that the orders they couldn't reach before are the first to get them from the new batch that's coming up.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know that Engadget isn't going to update their post- but we should at least. This isn't "Team Touchdroid"s work, it's the CM team. Someone fix this post?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I know that Engadget isn't going to update their post- but we should at least. This isn't "Team Touchdroid"s work, it's the CM team. Someone fix this post?

Source and I will change it lol.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!