TBolt Accessories - Extended Battery, Wireless Charge Battery Cover, Multimedia Dock

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thunderbolt-extended-battery.jpg

This info about leaked HTC Thunderbolt Accessories, from Phandroid, is a couple of days old, but it seems apropos in light of the recent "weak battery" info regarding the TBolt. There are apparently some useful accessories that will be available soon for the device, and one of them is a bigger battery. According to the leaked Verizon database pics, there will be a 2750 mAh battery for the phone. That's over twice as large as the stock 1400 mAh battery, which should be a welcome add-on to purchase for the phone, (although one could argue that they should have included it with the phone). The battery price in the pic is $49.99.

thunderbolt-wireless-charging-battery-door.jpg

There will also be available a Wireless Charging Battery Cover for the phone that will be $39.99. It uses induction charging technology and seems to be a "whiz-bang" feature, but may end up being pretty practical under certain applications.

thunderbolt-multimedia-dock-1.jpg

Lastly, the article and pics mention a Multimedia Dock for $59.99 that will prop your phone up in landscape-mode. Furthermore, this dock has the ability to charge a second battery while you use it, which could be pretty beneficial since the TBolt is so power hungry. We'll keep our "ears to the ground" and let you know as soon as any more details emerge on these accessories. Or, as soon as you know something, let us all know in this thread.

Source: Phandroid

Padawan

Reaction score
The extended life battery is already available (there were 3 in stock at the VZW store I bought my TBolt at). I was all set to buy the battery but then found out that due to the larger size of the battery, It would not fit into the two part cover/holster accessory I was also buying :(

Padawan

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Today was my first day running this thing without it being plugged in. At 7:30am I unplugged it for class. Besides some very light texting (under 8 sms) and a 2 min phone call after class ended at 11:00am - I was at 60% battery. lol. Now, at college I only had 1 bar of 3G reception but dang. That's definitely a drop in battery life.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Check your accounts for sync and disable as needed. Helped mine A LOT!

Today was my first day running this thing without it being plugged in. At 7:30am I unplugged it for class. Besides some very light texting (under 8 sms) and a 2 min phone call after class ended at 11:00am - I was at 60% battery. lol. Now, at college I only had 1 bar of 3G reception but dang. That's definitely a drop in battery life.

Sent down via a Bolt of lightening!!

funkyb

Reaction score

Same here.

ke0kie

Reaction score

Had to do this as well to get OG Droid working w/ acceptable battery life.

Battery technology has got to improve for mobile devices, it is a dumb problem.

--Scott

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Looks like HTC's major problem is going to rear it's ugly head with this phone too!! I was really hoping they had a solution to the horrible batteries these phones have! My Dinc has just awful battery life I feel like I just go from one plug to the next

Chris

alant40

Reaction score
I went into running services and KILLED a bunch of stuff that was doing who knows what. Went back an hour later and they were still not running. Just messaging and stuff like that. Also turned off sync for the market. All this seems to have helped my battery life. What kills me is the battery for the TB is actually smaller in size than the battery in the Incredible. What were they thinking??

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I went into running services and KILLED a bunch of stuff that was doing who knows what. Went back an hour later and they were still not running. Just messaging and stuff like that. Also turned off sync for the market. All this seems to have helped my battery life. What kills me is the battery for the TB is actually smaller in size than the battery in the Incredible. What were they thinking??

They didn't want to make the phone any bigger or heavy than it already was, is my guess.