Tb update

deeroid x

Reaction score
So my fiance and I both have a tb, we both checked for updates. However, his updated and mines said error, and it failed to update. Why?! I'm so tired of the reboot issue.

polish23

Reaction score
That's strange that he got the update and you didn't however you should be able to find the update online if you really need it just fyi

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
deeroid x

deeroid x

Reaction score
Come to find out, vzw pushed out more updates than their towers can handle.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Speaking of updates....I did the last update software says at 2.2.1 ...anyone having any inside info on this that I found on another forum?

"HTC Thunderbolt owners, here’s a piece of good news for you. Your LTE-enabled smartphone will get the Android 2.3.4 update on June 30th! And while that’s great news for itself, there’s more — aside from the latest flavor of Gingerbread, the software upgrade will also bring video calls, including GTalk and check this, Skype Video. "

turdbogls

Reaction score
Speaking of updates....I did the last update software says at 2.2.1 ...anyone having any inside info on this that I found on another forum?

"HTC Thunderbolt owners, here’s a piece of good news for you. Your LTE-enabled smartphone will get the Android 2.3.4 update on June 30th! And while that’s great news for itself, there’s more — aside from the latest flavor of Gingerbread, the software upgrade will also bring video calls, including GTalk and check this, Skype Video. "

you realize JUNE 30th is long gone right?
that is OLD news. and obviously we haven't gotten the Gingerbread update. there are lots of rumors floating around that it is in stage 2 of testing, and also that it has been pushed out indefinitely due to issues with the radio.

there are custom ROMs for the Rooted community that are 2.3.4 and sense 3. however, you have to void your warranty, and root the phone to get these.

if GB is really that important, you can always root and flash a ROM, but if the phone is good on the latest update (July 8th, which fixed the reboot and GPS issue) just wait a little bit. Gingerbread is nice and all, but i would rather have a completely bug free GB build in a month or 2 than have a buggy GB build today.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Yep I realize the date, my only issues is and I don't understand was I am not worried about that stupid Hotspot, hey if 8 people around me wanted to rent internet time, then fine, worth the $20 a month, but what pisses me off was the Skype that come on the phone keeps saying, it's coming, it's coming since 17 Mar. then there was the hacked version that was out there, skype with Video worked great, after update, it states no longer available for the Phone, now unless say people that had the one out there that worked on the TB before could be updated and can make it work on this version, I don't care about gingerbread.

NTRS

Reaction score
U can try doing this
Dial ##778#
Password 000000(six zeros)
Select edit mode. Go to modem settings.
Find Rev. A. And go in and change it from eHRPD to enable.
Hit the menu button and commit to changes. Once rebooted go and heck for software updates. Once installed. Go back and repeat the steps but from enabled back to ehrpd

DroidStang

Reaction score
U can try doing this
Dial ##778#
Password 000000(six zeros)
Select edit mode. Go to modem settings.
Find Rev. A. And go in and change it from eHRPD to enable.
Hit the menu button and commit to changes. Once rebooted go and heck for software updates. Once installed. Go back and repeat the steps but from enabled back to ehrpd

Sorry, little confused....I did the last update couple weeks back, no more reboots, but the version of Skype Mobile out there will not work with update 2.2.1 so I'm not reverting back just for Skype, I'll do this, by the end of year it is not work...OMG I dropped my TB, use my insurance upgrade to a verizon phone that has 4 G and works with it.