TB Slowest phone ever

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not new to the forum and in no way a noob I've done rooting and romming and overclocking countless times I even port phones to metropcs for some extra cash, and I'm telling this TB is way slower than my Droid 2 I was running gummyjar but I wasn't over clocking and my phone would play YouTube vids and even movies with out buffering on 3G and this phone plays 3 sec then buffer 3 seconds then buffer and I have full 4G coverage according to Verizon, not just the internet is slow the phone it self, as I am typing this I have to wait for the phone to catch up so I can keep typing. I tried rooting and as of a few hours ago I'm running on the downgrade and I couldn't get it to upgrade to the rooted system so I'm running 1.03 I think but I hope this gets a lot faster once I install a Rom cuz this stock Rom freezes to much and I dnt think its the apps cuz since I haven't rooted I haven't been able to install my old apps from titanium back up except for my paid apps from the market but I had these on my D2 and never had a problem on my D2 I use to upload 5 pics using Tapatalk in less than a minute and with this phone it takes over 2 min just for one pic. I've been trying to upload a YouTube 30sec vid n all I get is fail upload

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP dont root yet. You may have a problem with your phone. I have owned a d1, d2 and a tbolt and even running gummy on the d2 it was no where my tbolt is at. Do a factory reset with your tbolt and if that do not fix it I say exchange it because you may have a bad phone or an app is giving you problems.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I'm not new to the forum and in no way a noob I've done rooting and romming and overclocking countless times I even port phones to metropcs for some extra cash, and I'm telling this TB is way slower than my Droid 2 I was running gummyjar but I wasn't over clocking and my phone would play YouTube vids and even movies with out buffering on 3G and this phone plays 3 sec then buffer 3 seconds then buffer and I have full 4G coverage according to Verizon, not just the internet is slow the phone it self, as I am typing this I have to wait for the phone to catch up so I can keep typing. I tried rooting and as of a few hours ago I'm running on the downgrade and I couldn't get it to upgrade to the rooted system so I'm running 1.03 I think but I hope this gets a lot faster once I install a Rom cuz this stock Rom freezes to much and I dnt think its the apps cuz since I haven't rooted I haven't been able to install my old apps from titanium back up except for my paid apps from the market but I had these on my D2 and never had a problem on my D2 I use to upload 5 pics using Tapatalk in less than a minute and with this phone it takes over 2 min just for one pic. I've been trying to upload a YouTube 30sec vid n all I get is fail upload

OP dont root yet. You may have a problem with your phone. I have owned a d1, d2 and a tbolt and even running gummy on the d2 it was no where my tbolt is at. Do a factory reset with your tbolt and if that do not fix it I say exchange it because you may have a bad phone or an app is giving you problems.

What about being at the downgrade how do I get it back up to normal is software version 1.03 the updated one? I suppose I cnt just SBF like on my D2 lol

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You will need to unroot and fetch the signed mr1 ruu and flash through hboot. That will put you back to stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1041973

Don't flash the full unrooted ruu while rooted though. To my knowledge Devs warn of bricking when doing that

ridin the lightning

Last edited:

Technoman

Reaction score

VolDroid

Reaction score
I'd say you have a bad phone. I had a rooted D1 overclocked and this phone stock is way faster that it was. I'd take it back if it was me.

Technoman

Reaction score
The stock Thunderbolt still blows away the D2. Heck I had a Droid X and it was faster than the D2 was. I just decided that the hardware keyboard wasn't that necessary any longer for my needs.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You will need to unroot and fetch the signed mr1 ruu and flash through hboot. That will put you back to stock.

[ruu + update.zip][MR1 aka First OTA] May 12th OTA - 1.13.605.7 - xda-developers

Don't flash the full unrooted ruu while rooted though. To my knowledge Devs warn of bricking when doing that

ridin the lightning

Or you could unroot and grab the new MR2 ruu and get the fix for all of the reboot and a better GPS.

I was under the impression he wanted to return it. Not sure what VZW would think if u had mr2 on a return when it isn't ota status yet.

ridin the lightning

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Its ok guys I wiped a few times and the phone fixed it self now I'm rooted and running thunder rom, and I have to say I'll eat my words this thing is flying, I guess it just needed some pushing to get started

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its ok guys I wiped a few times and the phone fixed it self now I'm rooted and running thunder rom, and I have to say I'll eat my words this thing is flying, I guess it just needed some pushing to get started

Awesome! Its supposed to fly :)

Also. Make a backup and try liquid gingersense 1.1. Pretty friggen sweet.

But thunderrom is awesome Froyo. I have my nandroid of it.

Last edited:
OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I will try it for sure, but I am loving this rom, when I was stock i had random reboots and very bad battery life and since 6am today I haven't had one reboot and my battery is hanging in there