TB home key posessed, help :-(

shedroid

Reaction score
I have stock TB, using ADW EX. I have avoided updates because for the first time my TB worked and I didn't want it to mess up. So finally I updated and now when I hit the home key it does not ask which launcher to use, plus it defaults back to some god awful HTC sense skin that I haven't ever used.

I went to adw and cleared defaults hoping this would prompt it to ask which launcher..no go. I got home switcher and picked adw ..still defaults if I hit home key.

I spent hours customizing this thing. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance for reading ...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to clear defaults on htc sense

sent from my bolt

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I did actually clear them. I cleared HTC and ADW defaults. Still wasn't working. It wasn't even defaulting to the same htc theme or skin, everytime I hit home it was something different.

I got frustrated and ended up deciding to give Go Launcher another try....after downloading it Go it prompted me to pick default launcher. I tried Adw just to see. Same problem. So I did Go Launcher and wa la, it works fine. I miss my theme but guess I shouldn't complain.

Thanks for responding. I'm happy I found these forums :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you really want adw back, you could try uninstalling all third party launchers (making sure you're currently running sense, of course), and try reinstalling adw. If after install it doesn't allow you the choice of launcher, something is really wrong.

Sent from my NookColor

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Pdroid I did and it works now thank you. I ended up changing everything anyway. Go is working for now, I like the gesture options. My key issues started a complete make over. I'm too indecisive.