TB #2 (and, hopefully, not counting...)

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Well, I swapped my TB at a local Verizon store today.

I was prepared for some bugs, since I ended up picking it up the day it became available. It got to the point where I couldn't complete too many calls, some calls went through but it was as if my microphone stopped working (I could hear them but they couldn't hear me), lags, restarts which got more frequent, and an inability to get to the data network.

After what looked like it would be a long process, I was out of the store in 25 minutes. I can live with that. Hopefully, this one will do me better.

Anyone else had to exchange yet?

want a droid

Reaction score
Not I. Hopefully your new thunderbolt will perform as flawless as everyone else's.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

lockman

Reaction score
My first one was exchanged last Friday, 28 hrs after I got it. Was running 145ish degrees at idle, and the power button was broken. #2 is flawless except for battery cover pops loose on bottom left occasionally.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Debating going to Verizon today. Charge port seems loose.. is it normal for the chrger to have some wiggle when plugged in? Anyone else see this issue? I know that there is a little wiggle but my stock charger if I pick up my phone will fall out without being pulled on...

Kack

Reaction score
i notice a little wiggle but falling out is more than just a little wiggle. have you tried a diffferent cable. if its the same id try and exchange it!

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only the stock charger is my issue.. That's why I wanted to see what you guys were
experiencing.. It is my 2nd stock charrger as the first had grounding issues, but all my moto chargers and even my wifes LG chargers stay just fine.. oh well.. might go to Verizon on lunch today just to see.. no loss if the want to give me another one.. got everything backed up with CWM and titanium.. but seems the issue is not the phone at least..

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I went to the VZW store yesterday to exchange my TB for that same reason, the cable. I literally had to play with the charger and position it in just the right way to get it to charge. I took the TB to the store yesterday and they gave me a new charger and problem was resolved. There is very little wiggle room and it holds a solid charge. I would take your charger back and have them give you a better one. They didn't replace it with oem but I don't mind, I got a good charger with a much longer cord. :)

OP
J

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Update

Just to update...approximately 30 hours after picking up my replacement, all is going pretty well. No issues with the phone. Data speeds seem to be better when running on the network. WiFi's just as fast as the first one was. No wiggle with any charger at all (didn't have that with the first TB, either). My only issue now is Swype, which is a common thing among new TB owners. So far, so good.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I thought maybe I had a bad charger ... hmm.

My stock charger seems to work perfectly, but I have several BlackBerry chargers around the house and those don't charge worth a ****... half the time when I plug it in it won't charge at all. I just wish the charger cord was longer like the Blackberry ones.