Tapatalk removed from Google Play Store

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
I googled this and found an article from andoidpolice.com ...here is an excerpt...

Tapatalk's social media channels have been silent, as the Twitter account hasn't posted since April, and the company's Facebook page has been inactive for over a year. However, an admin on Tapatalk's own forums did confirm that Google removed the app. "We are working with Google Play to find out what the problem is," the admin wrote, "please stay tuned for an update."

The exact reason for the app's takedown isn't clear at this time, but Google has removed many applications lately for completely idiotic reasons. Podcast Addict was briefly removed in May because it could be used to play podcasts about COVID-19, Slide for Reddit was pulled because a single screenshot had the word "ISIS" in it, and Tasker was unavailable for a short time due to an error in Google's automated review process

Sent from my Note 10 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Figured I'd start a thread in case this Google police state continues further...

Where is app tapatalk on play store?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for starting a new thread, I meant to do that this morning and got sidetracked by a second cup of coffee. Hopefully the Google Play team realizes their mistake and fixed this soon. It is strange that the Tapatalk team hasn't been active on their own Twitter or Facebook pages in months.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
cerisecons

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
You're welcome, I figured we'd be discussing this further, especially if it goes to the next question...

What to use next...

Especially for those that rarely use the computer to "Forum surf"

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, I know what you mean. I rarely log into any of the forums I follow from my laptop / Chromebook. It's pretty much Tapatalk only these days for me.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I still use my phone and tablet browser (Samsung browser) for this and other forums. The last time I tried TT was with my LG G7 and I received a high battery drain warning. I'm willing to try it again when it comes back. Maybe with the V60 it'll be better.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well.. count me as the oddball out. I had been having trouble with TT links from email notifications working correctly so I ended up nuking TT and just go straight to the mobile webpages for the forums that I visit most often. I really don't miss it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It sounds like the Tapatalk folks submitted an app update to Google for approval to be put back on the Play Store. I guess we shall know something soon.

Last edited:

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoa that's wild. I hope they get it ironed out.

I still use tapa pro which I got a long time ago. A little while ago I did a factory reset and installed regular tapa instead. It wanted me to pay for an upgrade to enjoy premium features. Luckily I was able to get pro back and that is working great. No more factory resets for a while lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I read the article a couple days ago, as well.

OP
cerisecons

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Good morning, but, only the regular version, no Tapatalk Pro, so Pro users, don't delete the Pro version as, at this point, you won't be able to get it back, unless of course it's available on XDA..